Growing up in the San Juan Islands of Washington Alex spent much of his life with a deep passion for sailing and the ocean. While attending Western Washington University and studying Outdoor Recreation he discovered climbing and backcountry skiing and the fantastic community that immerses themselves in these activities. He now finds the same interest and passion that he once found on the water in the mountains.
While at Western Washington University Alex led trips for the Associated Students Outdoor Center. He led trips in many disciplines including rock climbing, backpacking, snowshoeing and backcountry skiing. Alex spends his winters in Mazama Washington where he can be found skiing deep powder near Washington Pass. While not climbing or Alex also enjoys sailing and mountain biking.
- Mt. Rainier
- Silver Star Mt.
- Forbidden Peak
- Goode Peak
- Various ski descents in the Mt. Baker, Washington Pass, and Mt. Rainier areas
- Various rock climbs in the Washington Pass area including ascents of Liberty Bell, Concord, Lexington, and the North and South Early Winters Spires
- Rock leads up to 5.12 (sport) 5.11 (trad)
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Level I
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- US Sailing Level I Instructor
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course