As a Washington native Chase grew up exploring the Olympic Mountains, where he quickly developed a passion for experiencing wild places. Getting to spend two years living in India in the Garhwal Himalaya only furthered his interest in spending time in remote mountain areas. Chase pursues a balance of skills in the disciplines of climbing rock, ice, and skiing. In his off time Chase enjoys exploring remote areas of the Cascades. During the offseason, he lives on Bainbridge Island and is pursuing a degree in Business Administration at the University of Washington.
- Summits of Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, Mt. Olympus, and Mt. Shasta via various routes.
- Rock climbs in the Wind River Range of Wyoming.
- Various rock and ice climbs in the Cascades.
- Ski descents in Washington and Oregon.
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level 1
- AIARE Avalanche Rescue Course
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- Leave No Trace Master Educator