David grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and spent his family winter vacations in Park City, Utah, snowboarding. He attended Colorado Mountain College in Leadville, Colorado, studying Outdoor Recreation and Leadership as well as Outdoor Education where he was introduced to rock climbing. After college, David worked as a climbing guide in the Arkansas Valley in Colorado where his love for climbing was soon combined with his passion for exploration in the mountains and his focus shifted more towards alpine climbing.
In the off season David lives in Park City and spends a majority of his time climbing peaks in Colorado and rock climbing in the Southwest Desert. He spends his days off climbing, camping, and playing with his dog Jack across the United States.
- Multiple ascents of Mount Rainier, Washington
- Ascent of Gannett Peak, Wyoming
- Multiple ascents of Colorado peaks and ridge traverses
- Rock climbs in Utah, Washington, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Tennessee
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level I
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
- Leave No Trace Trainer