Elias de Andres-Martos
Elías grew up at the foothills of the "Sierra de Guadarrama", in Spain. Astonished by the offerings of the mountains, Elías declined a family business of three generations, the expectation to satisfy traditional obligations, and the comforts of a predictable life for the sole purpose of devoting himself to the mountains. Prior to this decision, he balanced his college years earning a degree in physical education, postgraduate studies in health and sports performance, and the dedicated practice of track and field; obtaining a scholarship through sports allowed him to learn the benefits of sacrifices towards conquering objectives. Today, he enjoys the most when teaching new skills to our climbers all over the globe, and helping them push their boundaries to achieve their summits.
Nowadays, Elías finds himself at home on mountains from the Rockies to the Himalayas or from Alaska to the Andes. He launched our Peru, Shishapangma, Gokyo and Patagonia trips, and leads our ice climbing programs, amongst many other international and domestic climbs and expeditions.
- 70+ summits of Mt. Rainier via 8 routes, including Liberty Ridge and winter climbs
- Pacific North West: Baker, Forbidden, Sahale, Shuksan, Liberty Bell, Cutthroat, Concord, Lexington, Olympus
- Himalaya: summits on Shishapangma Central (26,269’) without oxygen, Ama Dablam (22,349’) in 3 days, and alpine style on Kyajo Ri (20,295’). 1 Expedition to Dhaulagiri reaching Camp 2 (21,000’)
- Alaska Range: 3 summits of Denali (20,320’). 4 summits of the Moose's Tooth (10,335') via Ham & Eggs, 100% client success. Alpine climbs in the Ruth, Pika and Tokositna Glaciers.
- Cordillera Blanca, Peru: 5 summits of Alpamayo (19,511’) via the French Direct, 100% client success. Summits on Tocllaraju (19,790’), Urus (18,028’), Ishinca (18,143’), Copa (20,302’) and Artesonraju (19,767’)
- Argentina: 1 summit on Aconcagua (22,841’) carrying up and over unsupported. Plata (19,580’), Rincon (17,438’)
- Mexico's Volcanoes: Orizaba (18,491’) and Izta (17,159’)
- Colorado Rockies: all 54 fourteeners. 100+ summits above 4,000 meters
- European Alps and Pyrenees; several climbs including Mt. Blanc du Tacull and Aneto
- Countless alpine and ice climbs up to WI6 in Colorado, Alaska, New Hampshire and Canada
- Patagonian Ice Fields Traverse between Chile and Argentina, unsupported
- Worldwide trekking: Everest Base Camp, Machu Picchu, Annapurna Sanctuary, Magdy Khola Himal, Gokyo, Guatemalan Jungle, Patagonia, Alaskan Tundra and Rocky Mountains
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level II
- AMGA Alpine Guide Course
- AMGA Advanced Alpine Guides Course / Aspirant Exam
- AMGA Ice Instructor Course
- AMGA Rock Instructor Course
- Mountaineering Instructor (FEDME-Spain)
- NASAR Search and Rescue SARTECH III
- Leave No Trace Trainer