Kiira grew up in Evergreen, Colorado spending her free time snowboarding, hiking, and horseback riding in the Rocky Mountains. After high school, she traveled with NOLS to Patagonia, Chile where she refined her skills sea kayaking, rock climbing, and mountaineering. After returning from the NOLS trip her desire to work in the medical world found a new trajectory in which she looked to combine her love of the mountains and interest in the medical field, this culminated in getting her Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician certification.
Kiira currently lives in Tacoma, WA where she attends school and studies Geology and Pre-med. In the off-season, she can be found backcountry skiing, whitewater kayaking, ice climbing, rock climbing, and trip planning for the University of Puget Sound’s Outdoor program.
- Summit of Denali (via the Muldrow Glacier), Alaska.
- Rock climbing in Colorado, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, and California.
- Multiple ice climbing routes in Washington and Colorado.
- Traverses throughout the Patagonian Southern ice field, Chile.
- Summits in Chile, Colorado, and Washington.
- Wilderness First Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Swiftwater rescue technician
- American Avalanche Association Level 1
- Leave No Trace Master