Since moving from the Boston area to attend college in 1997, Mike has called Colorado home. After stints in various small ski towns throughout the state and a guiding career sparked by ten years teaching with Outward Bound in Colorado, he has settled down in the Boulder area as a full-time mountain guide.
Mike loves to ski and he can often be found in his ski boots eight months out of the year, whether searching for untracked lines or teaching avalanche courses. As a climber, Mike has traveled throughout North America searching for long trad climbs and high alpine objectives. He has guided big climbs near and far – from The Diamond on Longs Peak to Denali.
When not climbing or skiing, you can generally find him chasing his friends around the singletrack on a mountain bike. Mike is a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide. He holds an AIARE Level 3 Avalanche Certificate and is a Level 1 and 2 Avalanche Instructor. He is also a provider in the AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Program.
- 3 summits of Denali, AK
- Summits and ski descents of many Cascade peaks including Mount Rainier, Mount Hood, Mount Shuksan and Mount Baker
- Many ascents of the Diamond on Long's Peak, CO up to 5.11 at 14,000'
- Several climbs and ski descents on the Mount, French Alps
- One-day ascents of El Cap and Half Dome, Yosemite
- IFMGA Mountain Guide
- AIARE Level 3 Avalanche Certificate
- Level 1 and 2 Avalanche Instructor
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Program