Growing up on Snoqualmie Pass, just outside of Seattle, Solveig spent her childhood in the outdoors rain or shine (like it or not) and as a result developed a passion for climbing and skiing that has continued to propel her into mountain ranges around the world in search of new and inspiring terrain.
Solveig spent time (making up for a lack of UV exposure) living in Colorado, where she graduated from Western State University and in the Sierras, where she ski patrolled at Squaw Valley and ski guided and taught avalanche awareness courses in the Truckee/Tahoe area.
Solveig is a Certified Ski Mountaineering Guide and works for RMI on Rainier, Denali, the Mexican Volcanoes, and in the North Cascades.
A skier at heart, she looks forward to the early spring when she temporarily trades her alpine touring gear for stiffer boots and stronger bindings and heads to Alaska to guide for Chugach Powder Guides in Girdwood.
Personal skiing and climbing trips have taken her to the Indian Himalaya and the Waddington Range of British Columbia.
She and her husband live near the base of Mount Rainier, and during her free time she is usually found climbing, running, doing yoga, or whenever possible, sniffing out fresh snow and aesthetic lines.
- 100 summits of Mount Rainier, Washington Cascades
- 5 expeditions on Denali, Alaska Range
- 53 summits of Mount Shasta, California Cascades
- 7 summits of Mount Baker, Washington Cascades
- 8 summits of Mount Shuksan, Washington Cascades
- 2 summits of Mount Hood, Oregon Cascades
- 1 summit of Aconcagua, Andes Mountains, Argentina
- 9 expeditions on Ixtaccihuatl, Mexico
- 10 expeditions on El Pico de Orizaba, Mexico
- Ski descents of Mt. Waddington, Mount Munday, Mt. Grenelle, and Spearman Peak in the Waddington Range, British Columbia
- First descent of the Pipeline Couloir, Mount Angeles, Olympic Mountains, Washington
- Climbing in the Sikkim (Indian) Himalaya
- Various alpine climbs in the North Cascades, Washington
- Various rock/ice climbs in Washington, Colorado, California, and Alberta, Canada
- Wilderness EMT
- AIARE Level III
- AIARE Level I Instructor
- LNT Trainer
- AMGA Certified Ski Mountaineering Guide