Will grew up in Washington, D.C., an unlikely place for a mountaineer to be born. After graduating from high school, he took a gap year before college and spent the year living in a tiny town in Northern Norway where he spent basically every day of the winter alpine climbing, backcountry skiing, and ice climbing in the fjords while also learning the language and culture.
The past few summers, Will has worked in Alaska, first as a hunting guide and then as an expedition logistics coordinator for Talkeetna Air Taxi, an air service that flies climbers and skiers onto Denali. During the year, Will attends Princeton, where he rows on Princeton's lightweight rowing team. The sport keeps him in good cardio shape for adventures in the mountains while also providing a great competitive outlet.
- Mulhacen (11,424’), Sierra Nevada, Spain
- Climbing expedition to Wrangell Mountains, Alaska
- Skiing expedition in Jotunheimen National Park, Norway
- Multiple mixed ascents and ski descents of peaks in Romsdalen, Norway
- Rock climbing throughout Oregon, Wyoming, West Virginia
- Wilderness First Responder
- National Ski Patrol Avalanche Level I
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- Leave No Trace Master Educator