×

Log In

Or

Register With Us

    *required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.

×
×

Check Availability


On Our Way!

Via radio from Camp 2

Some snow in the night but it didn’t present much of an obstacle to us. Our entire team was up at 3:00 a.m. and walking at around 4:00. We went through the icefall in good time. Casey’s group stayed at Camp 1 as planned. Our half of the team went to Camp 2 arriving just after 10:00 a.m. We are excited to be here again, there is a lot of electricity in the air now.

We watched many climbers going to Camp 3 today, and they had to fight through very strong winds. The jet stream is obviously over Mount Everest right now. To our knowledge nobody is at the South Col in position for a summit bid at this moment. It seems as if every team on the mountain is poised for the summit in the next 3 to 4 days.

We are still very interested in the path the storm Laila takes, but our forecast has given us encouragement that it is not headed directly towards us. Tomorrow both teams will be at Camp 2 and hope it will be our last rest day of the trip.


Leif Whittaker at Camp 2


Leave a comment for the team

* required fields

More to Explore

Heading Up!

May 19, 2010

Team at Advanced Basecamp

May 21, 2010


Mt Rainier Weather

Sign up for Expedition Dispatches

check the Summit Registry try our Adventure Finder
Back to Top

Sign up for our Newsletter

    *required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.
      privacy policy

Thank you for subscribing to the RMI Expeditions Newsletter!

While you're at it, you can sign up some of our other mailings as well:

Please choose the programs you'd like updates on: