Mt. Everest Expedition: Descent Begins
Downhill from here!
The team’s descent began five minutes ago. The group had the summit to themselves for a while at the end. We tried to do a phone call to the blog, but tough conditions as you can imagine.
Just to make sure you guys hear some of the thoughts that were mentioned by Dave and Linden from the summit:
- Bill and Sara hope to see you on top, another time ,and thought of you two the whole climb up today.
- RMI Guide Melissa Arnot and Dave Morton over on top of Makalu today (we hope), looking forward to seeing you here on Everest in a few days.
- Thanks and couldn’t have done it without our local staff: Lam Babu, Tsering, Dawa, Kaji, Yubarji, Kumar, Raju, Gurung, Jeta, Gelzen, our guys in Kathmandu, Kili Sherpa, and Sagar
- Rainier Mountaineering, Inc. back in Ashford, Washington. You let us run a top notch program.
- First Ascent - the gear to get you there
- All the friends and family back home
- Linden: Wishing his Mom “Happy birthday”, and spoiled old me getting my wishes from the top, for I think about the fifth time, since it being my birthday today as well.
- All the other teams on the hill for such a great season and fabulous cooperation.
- All you for following our blog.
- And Mount Everest, for being so kind to our team.
The team should be back to the South Col in a few hours. Weather still perfect, all systems in the green, guys are still having a great time.
RMI Guide Mark Tucker