Alaska Seminar: Davis & Team Unable to Fly Off the Glacier

May 26, 2017 So this dispatch is not coming from the green grass of town but the expansive white glacier of the Kahiltna. We thought the weather might break long enough for a flight in but alas the clouds remain limiting visibility. The team kept busy in the morning though. After breakfast we stomped down a foot of new snow on the runway so planes could land and then we waited for that faint din of turbine engines. Now it is evening and we are turning in as new snow falls. Tomorrow is another day so we will wait and see what it brings. RMI Guide Leon Davis

Comments (1)

Hey John
Hope you guys aren’t going stir crazy .. btw the alarm in the house has been going off for 48 hours .. hahaha just kidding wanted to make u laugh .. get back if you can. M

Posted by: Mia Horgan on

Leave a comment for the team

* required fields

More to Explore

Denali Expedition: Walter & Team Still Patient at 14,000’ Camp

May 26, 2017

Mt. Rainier: May 27th Summit!

May 27, 2017

Filter By:

check the Summit Registry try our Adventure Finder