Mt. McKinley: Hailes & Team Prepare for Move

Posted by: Walter Hailes | June 04, 2011
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount McKinley

We finally got some Alaska mountain weather today. We made our final preparation for moving higher today by putting in a cache in at the top of the fixed lines and we got into a little wind and blowing snow in the process. When we set off this morning at 9am it was clear and cold with some obvious, but not outrageous wind on the ridge. Everything went smooth on the way up and only on the descent did we get some 20-25 mph wind and blowing snow. Just enough weather to make things fun.

RMI Guide Walter Hailes

P.S. Steve would like to wish Denise a happy birthday.



Hey Guys!
  Thinking about all of you and hoping you are doing well.  Can’t wait to hear the stories :) Be safe!

Posted by: Wanda on 6/5/2011 at 11:51 am

Great job guys. keep it up.

Posted by: Colin Talbot on 6/5/2011 at 10:47 am

Keep it up!

Posted by: Kaite on 6/5/2011 at 8:24 am

Glad life on the mountain is still treating you well. Be safe!  We miss you Ian xoxo.

Posted by: Kristin and morph on 6/4/2011 at 11:06 pm

Rock on Dudes!

Posted by: Joe DeLellis on 6/4/2011 at 7:11 pm

Andy, glad things are going well for you guys. Wishing you continued enjoyment, favorable conditions and success in reaching all your goals.
Dad and Nita

Posted by: Nita Pennardt on 6/4/2011 at 5:19 pm

Good luck Andy…stay safe and warm…..Syb & Wayne

Posted by: sybille macke on 6/4/2011 at 5:17 pm

Good luck team. Steve Ian and Andy - Stay warm. If it is any consolation, we are 25 F below norm temps here in Cali. The rain is falling and the fire is lit. BE SAFE. Cigars on me when you get back and we can get together.


Posted by: Bob Hesse on 6/4/2011 at 3:22 pm

I’ll trade some of that blowing snow for our 95+ degree temps in Alabama! Doing great, Tim and crew.

Posted by: kelly on 6/4/2011 at 3:07 pm

Leave a comment for the team

* required fields