Mt. Rainier: Teams on the Summit!

Posted by: Mike Haugen, Geoff Schellens | July 11, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Four Day Summit Climb led by RMI Guide Mike Haugen along with the Expedition Skills Seminar - Paradise led by Geoff Schellens reached the summit of Mt. Rainier early this morning.  As of 7 am both teams were on their descent and approaching the top of Disappointment Cleaver en route back to Camp Muir.
Conditions are beautiful this morning with warm temperatures and light winds reported from Camp Muir (10,080’).

Congratulations to today’s climbing teams!

Comments

Congratulations team. I was so intent on getting my post climb comma sleep I did not get to say a proper good by to you all. It was a pleasure climbing with all of you. Truly an inspiring group of folks to climb with. There was never a doubt that this entire team was going to make it “up top”. Thank you all for your inspiration. Thank you Scott for the post climb refreshment drink. Thank you Mike, Josh, and my rope team leader JM for taking such great care of us.
PS: I did wake up from my 10 hour comma sleep and thought, yes, I want to do this again!

Posted by: David Fruin on 7/12/2014 at 6:58 am

Helen and Roger, I hope you are having the time of your life. I’ve been thinking about you and praying for your safety. Stay warm and I am sure you are enjoying the beautiful view. Hugs to you both!!!

Posted by: Vickie Davis on 7/12/2014 at 4:50 am

JON REYES- Congrats little brother!!! So proud of you!!! We love you!

Posted by: Saron on 7/11/2014 at 5:21 pm

Nice going bro’s; Mark and Dave.
Glad you reached the top.

Posted by: Maria Fruin on 7/11/2014 at 1:23 pm

Congrats to the Buller boys. You did it!!!! Proud of you both.
Love Tina

Posted by: Tina Buller on 7/11/2014 at 12:46 pm

Congrats to the teams, and good climb Anne!

Posted by: Mark on 7/11/2014 at 11:51 am

Congrats dad and Dave!! Rainier Strong!!

Posted by: Paul on 7/11/2014 at 11:35 am

Congratulations HUGO REYES!!!! So glad you made it :) Sending love from Walla Walla.

Posted by: Tammy McMichael on 7/11/2014 at 11:15 am

Congratulations to Mark and David Fruin for making the summit. It was a long year waiting to conquer this mountain after last year’s disappointment. Happy for your safety. Claudia

Posted by: Claudia Fruin on 7/11/2014 at 11:14 am

Good job Buller boys!  Now three generations an 6 summits.

Posted by: Kent Buller on 7/11/2014 at 10:29 am

Congratulations to the team, especially, my dad, Scott Buller.  I’m so proud of him because this is the second year in a row that he has completed this climb. Love you daddy, Hannah

Posted by: Hailey and Hannah on 7/11/2014 at 8:00 am