Mt. Rainier: Four & Five Day Summit Climbs Reach Summit

Posted by: Eric Frank, Brent Okita | August 12, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

RMI Teams reached the summit of Mt. Rainier this morning.  RMI Guide Brent Okita led the Four Day Summit Climb and Eric Frank led the Five Day Summit Climb team.  The teams began their descent from the crater rim at 7 am and reported light winds and a bit of a cloud cap.  The teams will return to Camp Muir and then continue down to Paradise.  We look forward to seeing them back at Rainier BaseCamp later today.

Congratulations to today’s Summit Climb Teams!

An RMI Team descending from the summit of Mt.Rainier in early August.  Photo: Mike Walter

Comments

You did it!!!  I love you and we are all so proud of you!  You are awesome!!!

Posted by: Bobbie Jo on 8/12/2014 at 7:06 pm

Daddy! YoU did it! I am so proud of going after a dream and actually living it! You are such a great example. I love you daddy and I cannot wait to hear all about it! Xoxo Mari Jo

Posted by: MariJo on 8/12/2014 at 3:16 pm

congratulations Rob. !!!!!  I am so proud of you and the whole team.!!!!  Wish I could be there to share your excitement.!!!!! Love you so much.!!!!  Can’t wait till you get home!!!

Posted by: brendie on 8/12/2014 at 12:52 pm

Such an accomplishment.congrats to all, especially Francis!

Posted by: Jessica Pleitez on 8/12/2014 at 10:20 am

Woo Hoo!!! Way to go and congrats to you all. Katherine we are so proud of you!  We miss you and can’t wait to hear all about it! Love you Be safe
Jen Spencer and Kate

Posted by: jen on 8/12/2014 at 8:04 am

I’m so proud if you dad! You did it!!! I can’t wait to see you and hear all about it!!

Posted by: Marissa on 8/12/2014 at 7:42 am

Congrats to all!  Francis, you are amazing & we’re all so inspired by your determination little bro :) “Everything is awesome!”  Love you, Cheench

Posted by: Cynthia Lucas on 8/12/2014 at 7:39 am

Yea!! Congratulations Rob you did it. I am so proud of you. I love you and be safe. God Bless

Posted by: Cricket Williamson on 8/12/2014 at 7:31 am

Congratulations to both teams, but a special shout out to Rob McCourt, so proud of you, your hard work has paid off! We love you,be safe! Mom, Dad, Tina, Dave, Mikayla and Ian

Posted by: Tina Reed on 8/12/2014 at 7:10 am