Team Remains at Camp Four

Posted by: | May 23, 2010
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest
Elevation: 26,000 ft.

1:00 p.m. PDT/ 1:45 a.m. Nepal Time

Hi, this is Michael Brown calling from the South Col of Mount Everest. It’s a very blustery snowy night and we’ve made a decision to wait another day so we’ll be here 24 hours more. Been monitoring the weather and it looks like we might have a little bit more wind tomorrow; but, possibly less snow because at the moment it’s snowing and there’s clouds all the way over the summit. Chances are we would be climbing all the way up in the snow and back down again in the snow so not really a very pleasant day for climbing. Give it 24 hours and hopefully we have a better result tomorrow. Thanks for standing by and we’ll stay in touch, we’ll keep calling and letting you know what’s happening. Take care.

12:25 p.m. PDT/ 1:10 a.m. Nepal Time

Our group has continued to evaluate the weather and has now decided to postpone their summit attempt until tomorrow. Spirits remain high and everyone is hoping that the weather looks better tomorrow.

10:15 a.m. PDT/ 11:00 p.m. Nepal Time

We just heard from our team at Camp Four. They have been watching the weather and have decided to hold tight for a little while and hope for clearer skies. We will let you know when they depart Camp Four.

6:10 a.m.PDT/ 6:55 p.m. Nepal Time

A quick update from Mark Tucker at Basecamp says that the summit team is currently at Camp 4. Everyone is doing well. They have had dinner and hot drinks and are heading for their tents for some sleep before they begin their summit attempt.

We wish them good luck!

Michael Brown at South Col

Michael on the choice to stay



Be the first to leave a comment.

Leave a comment for the team

* required fields