×

Log In

Or

Register With Us

    *required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.

×
×

Check Availability


Aconcagua:  Another Weather Day

Howdy gang, we are up here at Chopper Camp.  We are experiencing 30 mph winds, about 30 feet visibility, sometimes less and plenty of blowing snow to boot.  We are starting to feel like we’re in the middle of an Alaskan storm here. A little bit worse cause we’re so close to our objective. 

Me and the guides have been jammin’ reggae and blues in the tent to try to channel some southern or tropical vibes and overcome this lousy storm.  But the forecast actually calls for the squall to blow itself out tonight and if that’s the case we’re going, the whole team will head up tomorrow to Cholera Camp tomorrow. And then may take a crack at the summit on Valentine’s Day. But right now, Pete says the stoke meter is currently at 1 ½, so please send us your happy, positive, and tropical weather vibes, down here in South America.

We miss you all.  Wish us luck.
Ciao

RMI Guide Billy Nugent


RMI Guide Billy Nugent checks in from 18,000' on Aconcagua


Comments (5)

Wow!!  Watching your progress is inspiring.  I almost wish I could be there too.

Posted by: mary doyle on

Bulls, Bulls, Bulls, Bears, Bears…

Ditka…

Polish Sausage…

Posted by: Dan on

Ernest’s family and friends really look forward to hearing the details of all your blog entries, Billy!  We’re keeping our fingers crossed for the team for better weather and a safe and successful climb!  Many hugs from Molly and Sharon

Posted by: Sharon Lew on

Buena suerte y buen tiempo a ti!  Tell Pete to “Get on your horse!”  Go for it!

Posted by: Bill, Paula & Greta VanDeventer on

Well, think how awesome it will be when your at the top and we’re all back here working!

Posted by: Ian on

Leave a comment for the team

* required fields

More to Explore

Aconcagua: Weather Day

February 11, 2011

Mexico’s Vocanoes:  The Trip Begins

Mexico’s Vocanoes:  The Trip Begins

February 13, 2011


Mt Rainier Weather
Clear sky

Sign up for Expedition Dispatches

check the Summit Registry try our Adventure Finder
Back to Top

Sign up for our Newsletter

    *required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.
      privacy policy

Thank you for subscribing to the RMI Expeditions Newsletter!

While you're at it, you can sign up some of our other mailings as well:

Please choose the programs you'd like updates on: