×

Or

Register With Us

*required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.

×
×

Check Availability

Aconcagua

Aconcagua Expedition: Resting at Base Camp

Hey all,

This is the Aconcagua crew checking in from Base Camp. It’s been a beautiful rest day here with crystal blue skies most of the morning. It was a great day to sit outside, enjoy the sun, and visit with other teams here. Several folks were even warm enough to take showers via nalgene bottles.

It hasn’t been all play though, as each team member had to sort through gear and decide what is going to make the move with us and what will stay here at base camp. It’s an important task, since from here on out, every extra thing we bring adds weight to our packs. We will enjoy a last gourmet dinner from our outfitter, Grajales, before our big move to Camp 1 tomorrow. As I write, clouds are building, and it looks like we may get a touch of snow to brighten the landscape tonight.

All the best, and we’ll check in from 16,000’ tomorrow!

Ciao,

RMI Guides Pete, Gabi, Gilbert, and team

Comments (6)

Hi Jeff & team,  I look forward to reading the blog everyday, sounds all good from here. I’ll bet you are getting to know one another & know who you’re on the mtn w/keep the postive feedback coming.  I hope you are sleeping well,I could just picture you taking a shower from you water bottle.  Love always, take care mum

Posted by: Norene Kimes on

Larry,
Hang in there, be safe and have fun!

Posted by: Holly Seaton on

Hi Jeff, Sounds great, now the big part begins, huh?  Kids are on the hill today, windy here, suppose to have snow coming… Such an opportunity to picture you on the mtn. & be there w/you in spirit.  I hope all is going well for everyone. Luv mum

Posted by: Norene on

Hey Rick, I’m keeping up with ya the easy way thru email! It’s alot easier and warmer! The base camp Picture was awesome, beautiful! No 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, helicopters? nothing? you guys are hardcore!! Seriously good luck, I hope you have favorable weather, your bro Tracy

Posted by: tracy on

cool! have you seen any animals yet.  can you brining some snow back for the usa.  love axel your son

Posted by: Axel Johnson on

We are following you guys and wishing you all the best, especially you Larry, since we happen to know you. Haha.
  I still read that Robert Service book you gave me, and it makes me happy.  I am glad you are on another mountaineering trip making another group stronger than it would have been without you.  That sure is what we experienced on Denali.

Enjoy the journey!