Denali Expedition: Gorum & Team Build Snow Walls and Fortify Camp at 11,200
Today we woke to more clear skies, but with a hint of wind. We had a quick breakfast and then headed downhill to grab our cache. About twenty minutes of downhill walking got us to all of our gear, and then about an hour and a half of walking uphill got us back to camp. Throughout the day winds increased and snow started to fall, so we didn’t get to relax the afternoon away like we wanted. Instead we spent the second half of our day building snow walls and fortifying our camp. It seems like the weather system that forecasters have been calling for might actually be materializing. That’s no problem for us, as we’ve got a strong camp with all of our gear, so we are prepared to wait for as long as we may need to. We are planning on carrying some gear up to 14,000’ Camp tomorrow, but unless the weather improves we will just be resting here at 11,200’. The team sends their best to everyone back home!
On The Map
Sign Up For Denali 2019 Emails
More to Explore
May 26, 2019