Mt. Rainier: Four Day Summit Climbs Team on the Summit!

Posted by: Pete Van Deventer, Walter Hailes | July 29, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Four Day Summit Climb teams July 26 - 29, 2014 led by RMI Guides Pete Van Deventer and Walter Hailes reached the summit of Mt. Rainier at 6:45 a.m with climbers from Wilderness Ventures.  The teams reported light winds and great route conditions.  They started their descent from the crater rim around 7:45 am.  The teams will return to Camp Muir and then continue to Paradise later this afternoon.

Congratulations to today’s Summit Climb Teams!

Comments

Catherine,  So proud of you and your taking on this wonderful adventure.  Can’t wait to hear more about it.
Love, Poppy & Grandma

Posted by: Bill & Barbara Rack on 7/30/2014 at 7:06 pm

So proud of you!!  6:45am???  What’s up with that??  I miss you lots and can’t wait to see you so you can give me all the scoop on the trip.  I love you!!

Posted by: Aunt Tina on 7/30/2014 at 8:10 am

Yay Lauren!! We knew you could do it! Cookies waiting for your return. :)

Posted by: Lisanne, Jeff, Bailey & Sophie on 7/30/2014 at 6:11 am

Unbelievable accomplishment Catherine! I’ll bet there will be more of these in your future. Can’t wait to see you and hear all about it. Have a great descent and enjoy the rest of the trip. Dad.

Posted by: Peter Rack on 7/29/2014 at 11:21 am

You’re my hero…I’ve only done Mt. Baker!  It is all down hill from there! Congratulations and keep one foot in front of the other all the way to the parking lot!  Uncle Tom

Posted by: Tom MacPhail on 7/29/2014 at 11:16 am

Amazing job, Lauren!! I am super impressed :-)

Posted by: Krystyna Longan on 7/29/2014 at 10:32 am

We are so proud of you, please stop in front of the webcam at Camp Muir so we can see you.  We miss you.8121

Posted by: Robin Webb on 7/29/2014 at 9:50 am

Great Job Lauren!  I have been watching the webcam at Camp Muir all morning - the weather seemed perfect…  I am very proud of you baby girl…  Look forward to hearing all the stories…  Enjoy the last few days - see you soon.

Dad