Mt. Elbrus: Northside Team Weather Day
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 10:36 PM PST Our hope was that the forecast was overly aggressive in its wind prediction, but early in the morning, long before the sun rose, wind started to buffet our huts. As the morning wore on, the wind in camp wasn't much more than a touch unpleasant, but the evidence of its strength up higher rated in the plumes if snow ripping across the glacier above. It wasn't a difficult decision to stay in camp today in the comfort of our huts and try again tomorrow, when the forecast has the winds dropping to a manageable level. We passed the time with a lot of reading, napping, and some light core strength. Hopefully we see the forecasted change tomorrow! RMI Guides Pete Van Deventer, Mike Uchal, and team "we have collectively read an entire library"
On The Map
Sign Up For Elbrus Northside 2019 Emails
More to Explore
August 11, 2019